Formulate is hiring a Machine Learning Engineer
Do you want to be part of our exciting growth journey and help our customers optimise their promotion campaigns through our world class retail analytics platform?
We are currently hiring a Machine Learning Engineer to join our growing team in our office in central Stockholm.
Our mission is to help retailers make better, data-enabled decisions that save time, drive sustainable revenues, and (perhaps most importantly) reduce waste. We help campaign planners at bricks-and-mortar retailers (like Coop and 7-ELEVEN) and online retailers (like Mathem), to optimize their promotions. To do this most effectively, we’ve developed a solution that’s part analytics suite, part planning tool. We provide insights; we also make sure they’re actionable.
As you’ve probably grasped, Formulate is a rich solution, with multiple functions and user stories. We need someone who thrives on this complexity; who relishes large, complex challenges, and is ready to tackle them as part of a smart, supportive team. Work with us and you’ll learn a lot, quickly, in an environment where everyone is rooting for you to succeed. Read more about Formulate and our values here.
In May 2022 Formulate joined RELEX Solutions, a hyper-growth Finnish supply chain scaleup with a $5bn valuation. Together we’re building the next generation of unified retail solutions. So join us! Get all the benefits of an agile startup plus the muscle and resources of a global scaleup.
About the position
As Machine Learning Engineer you'll join the Product Team, working together with a group of people dedicated to ensuring a rapid client system integration, robust data management, and an analytics engine that scales. Together we make sure that the product is user friendly, fast, powerful and intuitive. Some of your tasks will be to:
- Design and deploy new models to iteratively improve Formulates business-critical models and systems
- Support and improve our existing model operations with deployment tools and pipelines
- Imagine new feature ideas and design data pipelines to incorporate them into our models
- Improve the way we evaluate and monitor our model and system performance
We would like to get in touch if you have
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. computer science, stats, physics, engineering)
- Solid experience in software engineering in a production environment
- Experience designing and training machine learning models to solve critical business problems
- Experience with the design and implementation of applications and tooling for consolidating and processing of big volumes of data
- Knowledge about how to manipulate data to perform analysis, including querying data, defining metrics, or slicing and dicing data to evaluate a hypothesis
Tech we use
- Analytical techniques ranging from complicated to "simple": neural networks to Bayesian inference, state-space models and linear regression
- Python, R, Go
- Cadence and Google Platform products for orchestration and data analysis
- Kubernetes, ClickHouse
What you can expect from us
- Competitive salary
- Benefits including pension, wellness allowance, health insurance, home internet and more
- An opportunity to work with great engineers
- Flexible remote; work set up
- Modern office in central Stockholm
If you join us, you'll work with a colourful mix of people from across the world, with bundles of creativity, drive, empathy, and humour!
sounds interesting? drop us a line, we would definitely like to get in touch with you!